JMET 2010 Application Form has to be submitted ONLINE. ONLINE submission of application can be done by accessing the website of any of the IITs or IISc. There are two modes of applying based on the method of fee payment that you choose.
1.By Core Banking 2. By Demand Draft
The application fee is Rs.350/- for SC/ST/PD candidates and Rs. 750/- for all other candidates. After applying ONLINE, there are some documents that you will have to post to the "Chairman, GATE Office, IISc Bangalore-560012".
1. If photo and signature images are not upload onto the JMET 2010 website, then in either methods, take a printout of the PDF application form. Paste a good quality passport size photograph at the appropriate place and sign the application form at the specified places. Enclose the application form and the stated enclosures in an envelope and send it by speed post to "The Chairman, GATE Office, IISc, Bangalore-560012".
2. In the case of SC/ST category candidates, the SC/ST caste certificate should be enclosed along with the printout of the application form (alongwith DD or paid Challan ) and sent by speed post to "The Chairman, GATE Office, IISc, Bangalore-560012".
3. In the case of candidates with Physical Disablility, the physical disability certificate and Amanuesis requirement letter should be enclosed along with the printout of the application form (alongwith DD or paid Challan) and sent by speed post to "The Chairman, GATE Office, IISc, Bangalore-560012".
SC/ST CERTIFICATE (if applicable)
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must support their claim by submitting a freshly attested copy of caste certificate issued by a competent authority. The authorities empowered to issue scheduled caste/scheduled tribe certificate are:
* DISTRICT MAGISTRATE / ADDITIONAL DISTRICT MAGISTRATE / COLLECTOR / DEPUTY COLLECTOR / DEPUTY COMMISSIONER / ADDITIONAL DEPUTY COMMISSIONER / FIRST CLASS STIPENDIARY MAGISTRATE / CITY MAGISTRATE / SUB-DIVISIONAL MAGISTRATE / TALUK MAGISTRATE / EXECUTIVE MAGISTRATE / EXTRA ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER.
* CHIEF PRESIDENCY MAGISTRATE / ADDITIONAL CHIEF PRESIDENCY MAGISTRATE / PRESIDENCY MAGISTRATE
* REVENUE OFFICER NOT BELOW THE RANK OF TAHSILDAR
* SUB-DIVISIONAL OFFICER OF THE AREA WHERE THE CANDIDATE AND/OR HIS/HER FAMILY NORMALLY RESIDES
* ADMINISTRATOR / SECRETARY TO ADMINISTRATOR / DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (LAKSHADWEEP ISLANDS).
A certificate issued by any other official will not be accepted.
PERSON WITH DISABILITY (PD) CERTIFICATE (if applicable)
Candidates with disability must support their claim by submitting a freshly attested copy of disability certificate issued by appropriate medical authority.